Sunday, December 28, 2008

BABYSITTING DEXTER (Part I)

MUMMY:
Dexter is my fur-godson. His parents tongpang-ed him with me on Friday morning when they went on holiday. This is the first time we are 'babysitting' him. He will be here for 5 days.


DAY 1 and 2

BARN2 and CLARE:




We kinda 'clicked' very quickly. Maybe its because our colours are the same: we are Red Headed Tri-coloured Corgis....so....


Dexter got initiated into our Geylang Lorong XYZ 'pai'.


BARN2: First fun place- the bathroom. Mummy gave us showers.
Dexter couldnt wait to get out of the bathroom. I think he hadnt discovered the joy of playing with water....


CLARE: We had two games with balls! One small and soft blue ball....






And one that's BIG and not-so-bouncy (any more) ball....




Ko Ko Barn2 wasnt too happy with me hoarding the ball...so he tried to get some help from Dexter....


MUMMY: Dexter's father told me that one way of getting the boy to pee and poo would be to get him excited and all wound up. Dex suddenly took the posture of a folded accordion in mid run...

DEXTER: Opps...(blush)....


MUMMY: After dinner, when we watched TV, Dexter hammed it up with GodGrandpa.

That night (and subsequent nights), he got to sleep with GodGrandpa too...
SATURDAY: An outing!!

CLARE: Ko Ko Benny couldnt recognise him and they had a bit of disagreement when I was playing with my ball. But they were ok after that. Ko Ko Barn2 was in seventh heaven....



DAY #3
DEXTER: When everyone was in church, Clare became very creative. See her handiwork? (below)



Ko Ko Barn2 told me that this is the 6th or 7th time she's done this. I tried to assure Godma that I wasnt the one who did this...but I dont think I was ever on the 'suspects list'. Funny thing though: Clare didnt get any beating. She was ignored when she tried to placate Godma by jumping on her and licking her. That was all.
Hmmm....

I think I like it here.....

This evening, Clare and I ganged up against Ko Ko Barn2.


Surprisingly he was in a good mood and put up with our rough play. Clare got kinda bored and was soon bouncing on and off the sofa. I tried to tell her not to do it but she wouldnt listen to me nor Aunty Lu. Naughty girl.
REFLECTION: I am enjoying my time here. Sure beats being in a cell at Mutts and Mittons! Maybe I should ask for an extended holiday here?

...er like, a bit longer....?

2 comments:

Dexter.Yew said...

Mom: Yes Dexter! You can stay with godma ok. Looked like all of you had fun. I knew you hated water.
Dexter: Yeah!

Barn2 (Barnabas Ju-Ern) the Samsengkia said...

Ko Ko Dexter, if you come with us for swimming at Petgamart, you might like water! Try it one day.

- Clare