Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Godparents!

I am awake!!!(So is Mummy so she now has to slave at this computer for us...hee hee)
Today I want to bark about Godparents.
Very useful to have.I have three. Marky Ko Ko has one.
Ko Ko Trax hasnt any....yet. (Any volunteers?)

Godparents are great because
1. They sneak food to us (and we know that corgis are always starving...)
2 They give us gifts - toys, hugs and stuff
3 They inquire about us (in case our human parents forget that we are around...) and best of all...
4 They give good advice (sometimes!) to our human parents regarding what is good for them and for us....


I wouldnt have been adopted if it hadnt been for Godma Wen. She was the one who went into my enclosure at Ericcson Dog Farm and persuaded my (now) Mummy to adopt me.Mummy was looking for a tricoloured GIRL (can you beat that? g.i.r.l. Humpph!).She thought I was too 'kuai' (well behaved) to be her furkid. Well, I proved her wrong. Godma pointed to my BIG paws and said, "Look at these big paws! Isnt he cute? Can you resist him?" And I turned on my charm. I know a good deal ( a bully-able Mummy who has a great soft spot for furkids) when I see one. Can smell that a mile away....
Hee hee. Was adopted.

Then came the naming part. Mummy was thinking aloud. "How would you like to be called Barnabas Ju-Ern?". Godpa Eric spoke to Mummy on the handphone while she was driving...."How about 'Barney'? Great minds think alike. (OK, fools seldom differ too...). I can live with the name.

Then Godma Wen said- "How about Barnabas Josephus (surname) Ju-Ern?"
EEEKKSSS!!
Josephus? Sissy name.
Thank God Mummy said no to 'Josephus'. "Its a name of a historian who was a turncoat to his own people...." she said. So I remained "Barnabas Ju-Ern..."
Whew.



My other godpa is a HUGE human with my name. Godpa Barnabas. He's so big, I can hide behind him if anyone tries to bully me. Hee hee.The first time we met, he gave me some treats. And hugs.
Yup.
He knows how to get to a corgi's heart.
Sometimes people mistake me for him! Haha....(only in conversations.). Once, when someone (Uncle Jon) asked Mummy on the phone what she was doing at the moment he called, she innocently said, "I am in bed, tickling Barnabas' stomach...". Uncle Jon was shocked. It took him a few minutes to realise that Mummy was talking about me- not about my Godpa! It almost caused a scandal. Haha.)
Oh...did I mention?
Two of my three godparents also wear dog collars.
Haha.





Ko Ko Marky has his Fairy Godma Leng. (She is with another stray dog in this picture. Ko Ko Marky's photo the one below. Must say he is handsome...)She sends him things- nice collars, a new leash, doggy bowls and plates and treats!She has seen him only a few times. He is still a bit shy but he likes her because she hugs him. Mummy gets advice from Godma Leng on how to care for Ko Ko Marky. Maybe one day she can ask Godma Leng how to get Ko Ko Marky to accept the fact that despite my height and age, I am a higher ranking dog than him....That would be nice.

Ko Ko Trax. Hmmm. Mummy hasnt found him a Godpa or Godma yet. Wonder why.
Maybe I should advertise for him.Ko Ko Trax loves squeaky toys. Any thing that makes noise- gets his attention. He loves hugs. Anyone out there want to be his Kai Pa or Kai Ma?




Oh...I forgot. He doesnt like to swim. Hee hee.Dont bother with treats. He has just turned vegetarian (about two months already, I think). Dr Jean Paul Ly (our vet)'s orders. Thats because Ko Ko has skin problems.So he cant take any more rawhide bones (Ko Ko Marky and I inherit them now!) nor greenies....Poor Ko Ko Trax.

Time for me to get my beauty nap. I think Mummy is tired. It was about 5 this morning when she got to bed . And we woke her up at about 10 this morning. Better let her off before she types in the wrong stuff..... I need her to create a special website for me at some point....so I better not push it now.





(Mummy: Barn2 is planning world domination. Mantra is :"Corgis Rule". Dream on, kid. As they say in Hokkien: "tan ku ku..." . Literal translation- ' wait long long'.)



No comments: