Sunday, September 30, 2007

NAMES!

BARN2:

I have a Chinese (classical Mandarin)name.
It's Ju-Ern. (Hokkien dialect: Choo Oon)
It means "God's grace".






Mummy seemed to enjoy disturbing me with it.
Now she has come up with a name for Ko Ko Marky as well:
Ju-You. (Hokkien dialect: Choo Yu)
It means " God's Protection".






I guess its appropriate since Ko Ko Marky was a hit and run victim and Mummy was providentially there to witness it and have him rescued. It is a long story : read the first few pages of this blog to find the ASD website of his history.

I get a feeling that Mummy must be quite restless nowadays. She has come up with yet another name.
This time, she has not yet identified nor adopted the furball.
In fact, she hasn't even figured out an English name.

Horror of horrors- she told me that it is the name of my sister-to-be....
(or is she thinking of it for my intended wife ....HELP!!!!).
The name would be Ern Jie (Hokkien dialect: Oon Cheak).
Ern (as you can recognise- is part of my name too. It means GRACE).
Jie means HOLINESS.
So her name would be "The holiness of grace" or 'Holy Grace" (!!!)






I ask you -
Is that an appropriate name for a Samsengkia (gangster kid)'s sister
(or YIPES! wife???!!!)





p.s. Thanks to Aunty Priscilla for getting her father to write out our names in Chinese calligraphy.


2 comments:

Cody, THE Fussy Pot Pants said...

U look nasty in the last photo! I don't wanna come near you!

Barn2 (Barnabas Ju-Ern) the Samsengkia said...

Hee.Hee. That was my SAMSENGKIA look. Learnt it from GODFATHER I movie....Good, huh?!