Thursday, July 31, 2008

RATS! (and swimming)

BARN2: Aunty Lu caught two young rats today. The big parent rats and the young rats have been running around in our neighbourhood for weeks.

To me as a sharp smelling corgi, rats smell bad. (Shrews smell worse). But guess what?

I'd love to chase them....


DADA: (in one of his rare appearences): Barn chases rats. Marky catches them....


MUMMY: We soon found out- Clare is afraid of them! She didnt want to come out of my bedroom after smelling the rats (Aunty Lu was showing me and Barn2 the rats in the cage). On the way to Petgamart, we put the rats above Clare's carrier....

She was very quiet. Kept licking the sides of her carrier nervously. Hmmmm....


BARN2: What do you do with captured rats? Drown them? I heard (horror of horrors!) Mummy discussing with Aunty Lu about the possiblity of keeping them as PETS since Mummy didnt want to kill them at all !!! ARRGHHH. Thankfully Mummy finally decided to release the rats at Pasir Ris.

Here's the rats in their cage at a big grassland area of Pasir Ris.


The latch is lifted. Bye bye rats....

Humph! Mummy and her Noah's ark ideas....
But for Clare.....


Clare: Ko Ko Barn2 liked Petgamart for one main reason: After swims, he clears his bowels. Poo-s (solids) and poo-s (not so solid stuff) and poo-s...even when there's nothing to poo except liquids. Very clean insides after each trip!!.

Here Aunty Lu is helping him to enjoy the water in between his poo-ing...



Must say that he did quite well today. He actually went into the water a few times to swim... Hmm. Maybe he will catch my passion for swimming one day?



4 comments:

Ode said...

Hey, my mummy is a rodent lover & that includes RATS!

She will be happy if your mummy keep those 2 rats as pets!!! Woof! Woof!

Barn2 (Barnabas Ju-Ern) the Samsengkia said...

Maybe next time my mummy gets the rats, she can pass them over to your mummy? Aunty Lu is expecting another catch tomorrow morning (she set up the trap)....
Where can my mummy deliver the rats to your mummy?

Ode said...

Yr mummy can keep those rats as your live stocks, practise yr herding skills. Throw them on yr sister's back since she has been bullying you, ya??

I already got 4 BIG RODENTS as my room-mates & the 5 of us have created a lot of works for her as daddy is not helping out at all.

Daddy only knows how to show me that he is ALPHA!!*Angry!*

Hey, I am the TOP DOG!!!

Barn2 (Barnabas Ju-Ern) the Samsengkia said...

Really like your idea of throwing them on my sister's back! But no. Mummy is worried that I might hurt them if I herd them. So she will release them. Sigh.