Monday, August 27, 2007

Barn2 and Marky just had a fight

Mummy : ( 26 August 2007)

I was opening the front door and Barn2 slipped past my foot. He charged at Marky and there was a minor fight. Not a lot of growling as I feared there would be...and when I yelled at both of them and separated them, it was Barn2 who was a bit more difficult to disengage from his growliness. Marky seemed to be more relieved to be pulled off. Got my dad to hold Marky while I carried Barn back into the house (easier to carry him than to haul him). Then I checked them for wounds.

Barn seemed ok. Still raring to go. Bad boy.

Marky was walking on three legs. His hind left leg was in the air. Checked him for cuts. None. Realised that Barn2 must have hit his muscle- his vulnerable spot. Marky had a major operation there when I first took him in. The head of his femur bone was totally crushed by a big truck (hit and run) and the vet had tied all his muscles together around the remaining bones. He healed well because he was a pup when it happened. He walks and jumps well but if one observes carefully, he does walk with a very very slight limp. My shortlegged furball must have hit his muscle quite hard. After massaging his outer thigh for a while, I noticed that Marky could put his leg down but for only a while...then he would resume his three legged walk/runs. The only sign of the canine tiff was a small tuff of fur on the floor. It looked like Barn's because it was more wool-y than Marky's straight short fur.

Feelings/ thoughts:
1. A bit relieved because I realised that the two are ok...more or less. I think Marky will be ok after a short rest.
2. A bit relieved that the two(who are both cowards) did not seem to have the strong will to fight each other in the same way that Trax would when he encountered Marky (and vice versa). Compared to all the growls they had made against each other across the door grills, this was very very mild.But am concerned whether Barn2 would be emboldened to try again (he is walking with a swagger.the ya-ya boy!)..and fight to be top dog. Am concerned that if Barn2 manages to get out when I am not around (my dad is less careful..) what would happen. Would Marky be likely to go all out to fight back?

No comments: