Monday, August 27, 2007

I miss my Ko Ko Trax.....

I miss my Ko Ko Trax. He left one morning in quite a hurry. I remember I tried to bite his bum (as usual) but Mummy managed to get him off the ground before I could clamp my teeth on his fleshy behind. She put him in her car and I was unceremoniously chased back into the house. Dada (Grand-dad) also went with her.

When they both came back, I looked for Ko Ko Trax...but he was nowhere to be found. His pram came back. His collar and leash came back. But where is Ko Ko Trax????

Mummy hugged me as she cried. I dont understand. Where is Ko Ko? The house seemed quite empty without him around. There used to be two of us seating at the living room. Ko Ko under Dada's feet. Me under the glass table. Now there's no one there under Dada's feet.

Oh- Ko Ko Marky's still around...

Mummy keeps telling me that he is my eldest brother now. Bah. He's a softey. I bet I can push him around. He might be big but I am a fighter. Ko Ko Trax taught me how to be a samsengkia...and I am a samsengkia.

Where is Ko Ko Trax? He wasnt on the bed with me when I slept on Mummy's pillows. That night....and subsequent nights. I dont know what to do with myself. One night, I found Ko Ko's favourite - the yellow squeaky toy. I brought it to Mummy and dropped it in front of her.




She understood. I miss my Ko Ko. She hugged me. But I WANT MY KO KO!!!!

------------------------

Two weeks have passed. A lot happened in the past week. Several men whom I have not smelt before- came into the house daily to do some work in the back part of the house. I was locked in Mummy's room or put behind some barriers in the living room throughout the day. Ko Ko Marky was locked in the upstairs toilet. At night, he goes to the front of the house. I am free to run inside the house but my loo periods outside the house is limited to when Mummy takes me out (ie when Ko Ko Marky is locked up).

Everything smells different. Paint. Sand. Concrete. The floor has gravel and sand. The good part is that I am always with Mummy or Dada. The bad part is that I have to see Ko Ko Marky each night - across the metal grills of the front door. He doesnt seem to realise that Ko Ko Trax's mantle has come to me now. I am now the TOP DOG. Maybe I have to get the message into his thick head. I have tried. I have growled at him...only to be scolded by Mummy or hit by her slipper. Fair is fair- he gets a whack from Mummy too - if he growls first. There are times when he thinks he can play with me. He comes with his tail wagging , his paw hitting the steel bars of the door...I stiffen. I want respect. Are'nt you too big to play with me? Growl.....

2 comments:

Dexter.Yew said...

Sending lots of hugs and licks to Marky, Barnabas and mummy. Always remember that Kor-kor is now very happy! He will wait for u there.

Dexter and mummy

Barn2 (Barnabas Ju-Ern) the Samsengkia said...

I still miss my Ko Ko Trax!!!(sniff...sniff...howl...wail...cry....)