Thursday, August 2, 2007

TRAX HAS KIDNEY PROBLEMS

BARN2: I vomited and had diahorrea on Wednesday night (1 August). Mummy was so worried she made an appointment with the vet for me today (2 August). Aunty Rachel came along to help Mummy out because she couldnt handle both me and Ko Ko Trax. Mummy bought Ko Ko Trax along because he had an appointment on Friday (3rd August) and she figured out that if I were to see the vet, she might be able to sneak Ko Ko in a day early and save on having to travel there on the 3rd.



Vet checked me and said I was ok. The vomit and the diahorrea was caused by the cheese I ate. Mummy had given it to me as a treat...and as a wrapping for the glucosamine pill. My stomach didnt like cheese...so it reacted. Vet gave me something to calm the tummy. I am OK. Thank you Lord!

Mummy: Yes...Barn2 was terrified. Was trembling on the table and was trying to jump off the table! (Chicken....!! Haha)


BARN2: Then came Ko Ko Trax's turn. He had blood test plus a lot of other stuff. Dr Ly said that Ko Ko Trax is starting to have kidney failure. His urea and creatanin(?) count isnt good. Untreated, Ko Ko will last for only 12 months to 24 months...and there can be complications as well. Mummy was told to give Ko Ko drips daily from tomorrow to hydrate Ko Ko's system. She has to jab a needle into his skin to do the necessary. Mummy is freaking out. She hates needles!

On 16th August, Ko Ko Trax will have to get a tube inserted into him....it is for peritoneal dailysis. Mummy will have to do the drips for that daily or once in two or three days for the rest of Ko Ko's life.

Poor Ko Ko Trax.

Please pray for him and Mummy. Its high stress for both of them.

1 comment:

Cody, THE Fussy Pot Pants said...

Oh Trax, I hope u get better soon.. U have been a brave corgi!

Is getting poked by needles a permanent thing?