Monday, August 6, 2007

NATIONAL DOG WALK


We were piled into Mummy's car on Sunday. Me, Ko Ko Trax, our cages, two strollers and lots of other stuff. Then Mummy picked up Dexter, his carrier, his parents- Uncle M and Aunty R. After a long long trip- we landed at the West Coast parkway. Ko Ko Trax got to sit on the pram. Both Dexter and I had to walk. NOT FAIR!!!

There were a lot- I mean A LOT of dogs there. All breeds. Mummy said that there were almost or maybe 2000 dogs. Other corgis were there- Angus, Brownie, Chester Jr and Cody, another Cody, Carrot (a Cardi), Chester (Bond), three others (a sable girl with two black headed corgis-one of them was named Barney!!!)

I wanted to tell all the dogs there that I am Barn2- the TOP DOG. When any furball walked into my space- I would lunge at him or her, growling. But Uncle M kept me on tight leash (no fun!) . Mummy kept me tied to Ko Ko Trax's pram.

At one point, when she wasnt watching, I launched myself at a corgi walking near MY space. That force tripped Ko Ko Trax's pram....and he fell to the ground protesting very loudly - scolding me! Well, at least he got to feel the ground. Haha. Mummy put him back on the pram and we began to walk....and walk...and walk....

Ko Ko Trax got a lot of attention. Everyone thought he was 'cute'. What about me? I am the one doing the walking! Ko Ko just enjoyed being pushed around. Hmmmm....Is that what happens when you get older? You get more privileges?
When we finally arrived at the end point, we sat with Dexter and Chester (Bond) and their human parents. Ko Ko and I got to lick some iced pumpkin (Mummy prepared it) and we had some nice treats. Finally- the humans had enough and walked back to the car.





When we got home- all I wanted was to sleep after dinner.
My paws were sore.....
(Mummy: Photos are from Robert, Chester(Bond)'s dad).



1 comment:

Luckie Girl said...

Hey guys!
Wow, Dad told me there were tons of doggies at the NDW...but I didn't get to go!
We had a Singapore dog bloggers gathering at Pawtebello cafe yesterday evening! It was fun! :) Maybe next time you guys can join us!